January 29, 2013
February’s Formation Flight Night features five different pairings of Hangar 24 Craft Beer and a mix of coffee and coffee-inspired goodies from Augie’s Coffee Roasters.
This month’s event will be held on Saturday, February 16th with two sessions on the Hangar 24 Patio. Session 1 will be from 10am – 11am, and session 2 will be from 11:30am-12:30pm. Tickets are $20 and will go on sale in the Tasting Room and our Online Store beginning Monday, February 4 at 7pm.
Hangar 24 Brewer Joe Savage, Augie’s Owner Austin Amento and Augie’s Manager and Head Barista Robb Pearson will be hosting the event. The menu for the night includes a variety of brews and sweets, some made with Hangar 24 Craft Beers:
1) Honduras Florentino with Coffee Cake & Alt-Bier
- Coffee Cake with Honduras Coffee grounds from Sugarbird Desserts in Redlands. Coffee will be an example of a traditional mug of coffee.
2) Oak brewed Kyoto of Ethiopia Sidamo Ardi with Local Fields Vinaceous
- Kyoto is a Japanese brew method that brews at one drip per second over 9-12 hours. Oak chips were added to the extraction.
3) Chocolate Porter Cask with Toddy
- Toddy is another cold brew method. The coffee is ground coarsely and placed in a mesh bag. The coffee brews fully submersed for 24 hours.
4) Ethiopian Sidamo Ardi aged in a Pugachev’s Cobra barrel with Espresso Truffles and Pugachev’s Cobra
Very experimental! And Chef Ryan Berk from à la minute will be making espresso truffles with Augie’s espresso
5) Gourdgeous Latte with Local Fields Gourdgeous
A latte made with a reduction of Gourdgeous as the flavor element.
More about Augie’s Coffee Roasters:
Owner Austin Amento began roasting coffee just over two years ago and has quickly taken SoCal by storm. In late 2012 Austin sat on a panel and competed against 3 other SoCal roasters, that have been named Roaster of the Year a total of 7 times. Austin’s coffee was considered the favorite. Manager and Head Barista Robb Pearson has worked in coffee for 10 years. Starting in the mid-west before moving to Sacramento and managing a shop for the better part of 3 years. He competed regionally in 2009 and was named one of Sacramento’s best baristas the same year. Robb has been working at Augie’s for the last two years.
We hope to see you on the 16th!