October 29, 2013
November 8th is one of our favorite holidays of the year: International Stout Day! The roasted flavors of darker beers start playing a bigger part in our lives when the weather starts cooling off, and Stout Day is the perfect opportunity to start the season off right.
Our brewers have really outdone themselves with this year’s lineup. Starting at 11am on Friday, November 8th we will be featuring seven special stouts, a mix of archived past releases and brand new Pilot Batch releases. Each of the following beers will be available in half-pints and as part of a Stout Day flight:
- 1. Small Stout on Nitro (from our archive)
- 2. Brewers Breakfast (Pilot batch)
- Oatmeal stout brewed with coffee
- 3. Yolo Hobo (Pilot batch)
- A full bodied sweet stout using locally roasted cacao nibs
- 4. Spanish Dragon (Pilot batch)
- A rich, malty and intriguing imperial stout.
- 5. Hangar 24 Russian Imperial Stout (From our archive)
- 6. Pugachev’s Cobra 2012- Bottles (From our archive)
- 7. Mayan Stout – Imperial Stout brewed (Pilot Batch)
- Imperial Stout brewed with cacao nib, cinnamon, vanilla and habanero
Friday Cask afficianados need not worry, just because we’re having seven special beers doesn’t mean we’ll be cancelling the Twin Engine Cask for the evening! We’ll be tapping Chocolate Porter with Dates at 4pm sharp and pouring it while it lasts.
Finally, Swieners will be on our patio from 5-10pm serving up handheld, sausage-in-baguette deliciousness.
We’re excited to have an opportunity to share so many special releases with you in one day, and stay tuned for details on our 2nd Annual Pugachev’s Barrel-Aged Beer Festival on December 7th. Cheers!