Hangar 24 6th Anniversary Label Art Contest
We celebrate our anniversary each year with a special beer to commemorate another twelve months of beer, community and growth. For our 6th Anniversary Ale we wanted to find a way to include the great community of artists that surround us here in Redlands, a community that inspires us to keep pushing ourselves to brew new and creative beers.
Local artists: we want you to design the label for our 6th Anniversary Ale! We’ve given you a template as your canvas, and included some criteria below, just to make sure that people know they’re still supposed to drink the beer before they hang the bottle on the wall. Outside of including these basics, we leave the creativity and direction entirely up to you.
Entries are $5 and must be hand-delivered to our Brewery by 6pm on March 31st, 2014. The top 3 entries will be purchased by Hangar 24 Craft Brewery, and the first place entry will appear on thousands of bottles of our 6th Anniversary Ale when it is released at our Airfest and 6th Anniversary Celebration on May 16th and 17th. Read on below for the full details, we can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!
- Each entry must be accompanied by a completed Submission Form, which can be downloaded here.
- Original pieces must be 2D works in the following media: oil/acrylic paint, charcoal, ink, pastels, colored or graphite pencil, watercolor, photography, mixed media, and digital media. For physical media, minimum size 11”x14”, maximum size 24”x 36”. For digital pieces, work must be 400dpi.
- Must meet template requirements (see template attached to submission form).
- Must feature “6th Anniversary Ale” within work.
- Contest entry must be a clear, high quality photo of the original, or other digital copy.
- Entries are $5 (cash or credit) and must be hand-delivered to Hangar 24 Craft Brewery, 1710 Sessums Dr., Redlands, CA 92374, by 6:00pm on 3/31/2014.
- If selected as one of the top 3, artist will be notified on 4/1/2014, and the original piece must be hand-delivered to Hangar 24 Craft Brewery, 1710 Sessums Dr., Redlands, CA 92374, by 4pm on 4/2/2014.
- Top 3 pieces will be purchased by Hangar 24 Charities. 1st Place for $300, 2nd Place for $100, and 3rd Place for $50.
- In summary: a complete submission will include $5 entry fee, your completed entry form, and a photograph or digital copy of your artwork, hand-delivered to our Brewery by 6pm on 3/31/2014.
Hangar 24 Craft Brewery 6th Anniversary Ale Label Contest Terms and Conditions:
- The art being submitted is previously unpublished original art created by you, does not violate any copyrights, and is not subject to any third party intellectual property rights or trademarks.
- The art being submitted meets the requirements of the Hangar 24 art contest listed above.
- The art being submitted becomes the property of Hangar 24 Craft Brewery if selected.
- The art being submitted may be used for other promotional material besides the label, without further reimbursement to the artist.
- You must be 21 years of age to enter the contest.
- You may only submit one art entry per person. Additional art entries will be deleted and disqualified from the art contest.
- Winning artists will receive recognition for their work on the label, the website, social media, and in the brewery.
- You have read these terms and conditions and you understand and agree to them. Violation of any of these warrants will disqualify your submission from being considered as a contestant in the Hangar 24 Craft Brewery Art Contest.